Friday, December 19, 2008

Whistling Orangutan

Take a look at the video below of the whistling orangutan I mentioned in my last post.



A friend of mine in the TBRC reminded me that there was some whistling recorded on the well known "Sierra Sounds" audio. The "Sierra Sounds" recording, if you are unfamiliar with it, is a series of different sounds that were allegedly made by a sasquatch. Many have dismissed them as the sounds of a known animal or as an outright hoax. Many believing them a hoax, if I recall, stated that the whistling could not possibly be anything non-human. Of course, whistling sasquatches have been reported numerous times by witnesses over many decades. These claims were deemed outlandish by mainstream science as this behavior had never been observed in any non-human primate. I don't know if the "Sierra Sounds" are the real deal or not. However, I think this orangutan proves that these recordings can no longer be dismissed based solely on the fact that the subject was whistling.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment